Thursday, November 1, 2012

Never say never

Sigh...Once again I am having to bite back my words in regards to something we would never do. Years ago I swore we would NEVER use Apologia science books again only to find Daniel needed their way of getting the info across. When Teaching Textbooks came on the scene, my snobby math side refused to even look at them thinking it way below true math textbooks. Just recently those words had to be taken back because Daniel needed their teaching style to grasp Algebra 2 concepts. Now I am looking at curriculum for next year and the next. As I consider what needs to be covered and the best way to cover it I found myself looking at a curriculum I have bashed over the last few years. Sonlight. I cannot believe I am even considering it, embarrassed in fact. But the more I think over what will need to be covered and who the student is, the more I know THIS is what is needed. So once again Daniel has made me take back my words in regards to curriculum. Personally I think he is doing this on purpose, he is that diabolical.

No comments:

Post a Comment