Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The science wheel is taking shape

Imagine my surprise when I opened a thread I started on TWTM forum and found a treasure trove of ideas, resources, and blog posts pertaining to my looking for an alternative way of doing high school science. The thread is found here TWTM Science Post. One of the links given to me by Faithr (I want to hug this woman) was exactly what I had in mind, a list of books...not textbooks...that read as a whole will give the student an understanding of the science. Not just facts or terms, but a true understanding of what the science(and it's parts) is by people who have a passion for the subject (can someone say living books). The link is Living Book Science .
I already have several of the books for Biology in my Amazon cart. Soon as these come in I will be working on schedules and course work needed to complete the Biology year. Just reading these books will not be the course. I will require note taking on these books. Some sort of lab work or field work is needed also. I still want nature study to be a part of the Biology credit.
I feel the plan starting to come together and am actually doing a mental happy dance. Cannot wait to get things written up on paper though.

No comments:

Post a Comment