Monday, April 29, 2013

Not what I pictured, but...

I wrote a while ago about a Biblical Home Education and I truly wanted one for our schooling. However actually getting it all worked out was difficult and even though most of what we are using is from Christian curriculum companies I just don't feel that the Bible runs through it as I wanted. With that said I am not totally disappointed with what we have going this year. SL has Bible readings for dd to do daily as well as Bible memorization through a Sing the Word CD. We are using Apologia as one of our sciences which incorporated creation science into the lessons. I do believe in a true 6 day creation so it works great for us. One of my favorite finds was the Discover 4 Yourself Bible study by Kay Arthur and Jana Arndt. We are working through the 1st Genesis book God's Amazing Creation and I am wowed by how full the study of Genesis 1 and 2 we will be doing. It will certainly make you look at Genesis with fresh eyes. I am going to learn from this as much as Emma.

The Bible may not be interwoven through everything we are doing this year (as I really wanted) but we are getting more Bible reading and more importantly Bible study in....real study, the get your magnifying glass out and pick it apart word for word study that will take weeks to get through a chapter or two study.

We haven't started Daniel next year curriculum yet so I am not sure how that will look Bible wise, but Emma's stuff has made me pleased with what I picked, or I should say what God lead me to since I prayed about it and had others praying for me in curriculum picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment