Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Perfect Knit

How many times do you see a pattern you would love to knit but your stash does not have the right yarn or you need don't have the right needle size. No matter how many needles I have, they are never the right size. But I encountered something a few months back that defied the odds...a knitting pattern with the exact yarn I had in my stash, in the right quantity, AND the right needle size, AND to make it even more magical....the pattern was cute. It was THE PERFECT KNIT .

The pattern was from a book of children's pattern More Knitting in the Sun, which actually has knitting pattern for children that don't look tacky. knitting pattern that actual, normal children will wear. Madeline is a short sleeve t-shirt with a lace panel down the front. Not super fancy but cute and simple. I thought it would look good without the sleeves and that is how I made it.

It did take me a while to knit even though it was a simple design but that is because I knit slow and had numerous interruptions. I used  a bamboo blend yarn in lilac.

This yarn was super soft and cool to the touch, perfect for a summer top. Sadly it is has too much drape which made the finished piece appear stretched. Another thing was the lace pattern had hole too big for my taste allowing too much skin to show, but a simple undershirt took care of that (and they are in style too) Emma loves it though so that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment