Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lunch Date

Met with hubby for lunch today, our monthly get together to try out one of the many restaurants of Iowa City. It was the Motley Cow today. The reason for picking this place was the location, just a few doors down from the Haunted Book Store which happens to be right next door to a cute little fabric/yarn store. After lunch, which turned out not so great (company was wonderful, food was bleck), I wandered over to the store called HOME. Sigh...it was perfect. A charming little store with material in the front, yarn in the middle and a sitting place in the back. The material was the kind I used to make all those smocked dress with, the kind that cost $8-$10 a yard but lasted so long. I think it is time to have another girl just so I can keep this company in business. The yarns were delectable.  Most were out of my price range going for $22 a hank, but there were enough in my price range that kept me circling the tables like a shark. One hank I think I drooled on...it was luxuriously soft, I know I was feeling it in ways I probably could have gotten arrested for. Mega bucks for the hank but I was furiously trying to rearrange my budget for but the numbers were not in my favor. I did purchase a soft hank of Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky in a butter yellow. Not sure what I will use it for, maybe fingerless gloves, but it doesn't matter. It will look yummy sitting on top of my stash. And besides, it will always remind me of my hubby whom I do love so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment