Monday, July 23, 2012

Twitchy

I think I am spoiled. I want things NOW. I actually get grumpy at a drive through if I have to wait, my food should be ready and hanging out the window so I can swipe it up and go. Geesh, you would think from the time I place the order and pay then drive the 10+ feet to the pick up window that the food will be ready. FAST food should be fast. Of course fast is a relative term but who cares, it is my preception of fast that matters, right?
The new school year starts in 2 weeks and I have been planning it for months (more accurately years since I have a notebook I write the 14 yr plan, PreK-12th for each of my children in, updated as often as needed). The final books were ordered last week and now I need to wait. I hate waiting. Despise it. Christmas is torture and my husband use to be sweet and wait till a few days before Christmas to get my gifts. Now he is sadistic and gets them weeks in advance, wraps them, and points them out to me. Naturally the days to Christmas cease to advance and I am left in a state of nervous energy. But I digress....ordered the last school books and now I need to wait. Wait for the order to be processed. Wait for an email saying they mailed it, Then wait, wait, wait for the delivery man to show up. I spend countless hours checking email and delivery schedules on the computer. Fed EX is great for people like me, they even tell you when the next update is...mine is 7-22....WAIT!!!! It is the 23rd and no update. WHY? Is my package lost, will there be a delay? The other package has no info on the delivery of my books..only email I got was order confirmation. So did they send it out yet? Is it still processing? Will I get it any day now? No Idea. So I sit in my house listening for any sounds that might be a delivery. Footsteps on the porch...Mailman? YEP! But only sounds of mail in the box, no thud of a package on the porch. Ahhh, the UPS truck is coming, hold my breath, and....he passes by. Stupid man. Everyday the ears get more tuned to delivery sounds and each day ends with no package. I even have the kids looking and listening. They have better hearing then me but are not using it for the good of mankind. They think it is silly to stalk the delivery men. Silly children are clueless. Just let them wait for a package in the mail, then they will turn their antennas on I guarantee it. Selfish children. Daniel thinks it is great fun opening the front door and closing it...knowing mom will come running and ask breathlessly "Did a package come?" He gets great joy in saying no. He gets his sadistic nature from his dad obviously. 8:30 and time for the delivery men to start their day. I am now on high alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment